Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Focaccia - Yum, Tortillas - awlrite

Look you can see where I nibbled.
I am still struggling with the number of different powders and ingredients one needs to make a dough with these new eating habits.

Here you see the ingredients for Focaccia - Corn based
From"You won't believe it's Gluten Free" by Roben Ryberg ISBN 978 1 56924 252 0

I have since made this recipe and the result is just lovely, a little sweet for my taste but I topped it with olive oil and rosemary and the smell through the house and the taste of the little bit I nibbled is ***** (5 stars), light with the flavour of the herbs I used and lovely olive oil. No corn taste or texture. In fact the texture of this bread was lovely when warm... I might update this entry if I find the bread to be hard and tough after a few hours...ie., tonight when the kids eat it!

I was going to write out the recipe here but, then thought better of it... owing to the fact that it is copy-written... and I might get sued.

So you will have to get the book from the library or wait till I have modified the recipe and create my own cook book.

The Tortillas on page 103 were good too, but I will cook the next ones slightly less so that they remain softer.

No comments:

Post a Comment