Wednesday, November 18, 2009

French sticks = blocks


These breads were made using the recipe from Brian at Fire and Salt only I don't own any French stick pans which Brian says are really reallly ridiculously essential. Not one to be put off by small things, and because I have the book club meeting at my house tonight and want to make nice bread... (I hope) to have with cheese, I made the bread anyway and used my loaf (tins).

The bread is very light (orange... no, not really, that is just the lighting in the kitchen on a Calgarian Wednesday at 5pm, ) looking and has folded and collapsed a little just like a French stick might.
The smell is of GF bread so that is a thumbs down from Aliya...
And when cut into it was - - still wet... so back into the oven, naked, that is - without the tins for another 25 mins I guess and then....
taste...
is.....
good but the bread is wet... even on toasting it remains wet...
I will buy a French Loaf tin for $20 like Brian suggested.

But just to repeat the bread tastes gooooood..... and it even looks like a nice French stick in texture.


Thanks to Lauren for (without realising what she was doing) giving me a kick in the pants so that I can once again see a value in blogging on about GF cookery.

1 comment:

  1. You are so welcome! I had no idea =D. This looks wonderful, even if they didn't go quite as planned.

    ReplyDelete