Monday, January 11, 2010

Profiteroles

I managed to photograph the last three before they were eaten. Obviously they are the smallest three!
Just before Aliya was diagnosed I had discovered frozen choux pastry blobs with or without the chocolate filling, frozen in bakery section of Safeway. Aliya loves them. So, although she said to Dr Machida that the only thing she missed was French Bread, I knew there was another secret desire.
This weekend I mastered Gluten Free profiteroles, using only an easy substitute of white rice, tapioca and potato starches for the wheat flour. Not forgetting the Xanthan gum.

I am very happy to have solved GF choux pastry, as another wonderful recipe involves broccoli and mushrooms... a savoury use of choux that is very nice for a dinner party... more on that at a later date.I think choux pastry is a little more sensitive to altitude than anything else I have baked here in Calgary, so a little more experimentation is needed to produce 5star blobs for release to the general public.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats Karin! They look fantastic =D. I am so glad they worked out for you!!

    ReplyDelete